Stats and Probability is going to be a self-directed unit of study. Below you will find all of the information you need to complete the unit as well as a timeline for our math classes over the next few weeks along with due dates to help keep you organized. I will be here at any time to help you with whatever you need help with and if you are independent, you can move forward. I have deleted questions on the journal that show up in the answer key, you will just disregard those questions in the answer keys.
You will be tasked with completing your journal and your journal will count the same weight as a check in on this unit. Please be very detailed with your journal entries. If there is not enough space, use loose leaf and staple it to the back of your journal. Your journal is due and will be checked each time you have a check in and then before the final unit assessment.
Teaching and Marking Files
You will find all of the teaching files posted here in PDF format as well as on the Shared: Classes: Grade 7 drive at school.
Stats and Probability Timeline
- Thursday June 8 — 2 classes
- Friday June 9 — 2 class
- 7.1-7.4 due on Monday at beginning of day
- Monday June 12 — 2 classes
- 7.1-7.4 due and corrected at beginning of day
- 7.1-7.4 Check In during first period
- Work period on 7.5 and 7.6 in second period
- Tuesday June 13 — 2 classes
- 7.5 and 7.6 due and corrected at beginning of day on Thursday
- Wednesday June 14 — 2 classes
- Finish 7.5 and 7.6 and work on probability assessment
- Thursday June 15 — 2 classes
- 7.5 and 7.6 due at beginning of day (finished and corrected)
- Work period for probability assessment and work periods for 4.6 and 4.7
- Friday June 16 –2 classes
- Work periods for 4.6 and 4.7
- Probability Assessment due by 3:30
- Monday June 19 — 2 classes
- 4.6 and 4.7 due at the beginning of the day — marks to Mr. Longstaff
- Check in on 4.6 and 4.7
- Tuesday June 20 — 1 class
- Unit Assessment
This assessment is a probability project rather than a check in. It will be handed out on June 8. You will only be given one paper copy of the assessment and you need to hand it in with your project. If you lose it, you will not be given another one, but you can check here as it will be posted on June 8. By June 12, you will have been exposed to all information needed to complete the project. The project is due on June 16 at 3:30. No late assignments will be accepted, so on that day, you will have to hand in what you have finished. If you work ahead, you may have some time to work on it during class time, but most of the work will be done at home.
Your unit assessment will take place on June 21. Your journal needs to be completed and handed in before you write the assessment.