Your ELA this week will look a little differently. We are moving on to a focus in writing. Below you will find links to some of the handouts you will receive in class as well as an outline of the next 6 days.
- Day 1 – October 6: Teaching Lesson
- Day 2 – October 7: Good Neighbour Writing #1 (due Oct. 12)
- Day 3 – October 12: Good Neighbour Writing #2 (due Oct. 13)
- Day 4 – October 13: Good Neighbour Writing #3 (due Oct. 14)
- Day 5 – October 14: Library and Silent Reading for the Period
- Day 6 – October 17: Write your own piece about being a good neighbour. You will only have one period to complete this so as you read the other pieces, think about how you would describe a good neighbour. (due on Oct. 19)
- You will not get the new piece of writing until the day listed. If you finish early, you will spend the remainder of the class silent reading.
For each writing sample you read, you have four tasks to complete.
- Strengths in writing – In sentences, you need to find the strengths in the writing. Think about everything you know about writing and put that together as you find the strengths.
- Weaknesses in Writing – In sentences, you need to find the weaknesses in the writing. Think about everything you know about writing and put that together as you find the weaknesses.
- How Would You Fix – In sentences, explain how you would fix up the writing sample to make it even better.
- Rewrite One Part – You need to choose one part of the writing and rewrite it. Your rewritten portion must be a minimum of 3 sentences.